Telephone & Email Reference Service
Have a Question?
Call (732) 727- 0212 or email SFPLlibrarian@lmxac.org.
Telephone Reference is available during the library’s operating hours. Email inquiries will be answered within 24 hours of receipt.
Our Reference Librarians can briefly answer questions, search the catalog for holdings, and assist with accessing library services. In addition, staff may provide identification of reference sources to use in the library as well as offer search strategies for further research.
|Name, Title||Phone Number||Email Address|
|Leah Kloc, |
|Jennifer Larsen, |
User Experience/Adult Services Librarian
|Aziza Haque, |
Adult Services Librarian
|Daniel Vetrano, |
Adult Services Librarian
Youth Services Librarian
Youth Services Library Associate
Part-Time Teen Services Librarian
Sayreville Public Library is seeking a part-time Teen Services Librarian who will create and sustain dynamic, creative programs and services for teens in grades 6-12. This is an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated team player, with a passion for youth services, to work in an adaptive and collaborative environment amidst a growing community of teens and tweens.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule, prepare, and implement teen programming
- Develop and maintain rapport with a diverse group of teens, through social media, in-person communication, and online reminders
- Coordinate teen volunteer hours in tandem with the Youth Services Librarian
- Provide reference services to patrons of all ages
- Assist with collection development
- Knowledge of best practices in tween and teen services
- Familiarity with technology and social media
- A passion for readers’ advisory and creative endeavors
- Available afternoons and evenings. Weekends may be required 25 hours per week.
- Candidates must possess or be in the process of acquiring an MLS from an ALA accredited school and be eligible for a NJ Librarian’s certificate.
- Compensation:Salary: $28.14/hr.-$31.18/hr.
How to apply: Please email your resume, including references, to Leah Kloc at LKLOC@LMXAC.ORG
PART-TIME SECURITY GUARD
Sayreville Library seeks a part-time security guard. The guard patrols the grounds, building, and other areas of the library to ensure the safety of library staff and visitors. The guard protects public property against fire, theft, vandalism, and illegal or unauthorized entry. Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to command the authority necessary to implement the library visitor code of conduct. Experience working with teens is a plus. Hours are M-Th 2PM-6PM and Friday 1PM to 5 PM. SORA certification is helpful, but not required. The hourly salary is $16.60 and offers paid time-off and union membership. Please email your resume and list of references to Leah Kloc at email@example.com.
Visit the Sayreville Borough Site to see current job opportunites.