The Library provides notary service in accordance with the New Jersey Notary Public Manual, published by the New Jersey Department of the Treasury. Library notaries will decline to provide notary service in situations that do not comply with the provisions of this manual.
The notary may, at their sole discretion, decline to provide notary services.
- $2.50 per notary stamp/seal. This cash-only fee is due at the time of service.
- Notary service is provided on a first-come, first-served basis. It is recommended that requestors call 732.727.0212 to ensure a notary is available.
- The Library provides only basic notary services. Notary service is not available for deeds, mortgages, or other real estate closing documents because these documents can require technical or legal knowledge that is beyond the scope of our service.
- Requestors must present a current, valid identification issued by a state or federal agency that includes the requestor’s photo, such as a NJ driver’s license, US military ID, or US passport.
- Documents will not be notarized if there are blanks on the page, if the document has been signed prior to notarization, or if the documents are in any language other than English. Notaries are unable to notarize copies of vital records (i.e., birth, marriage, death certificates, etc.), as those must be obtained from their issuing state or municipality.
- In situations where a witness is required, the requestor should bring one. The Library may be able to provide a staff member as a witness, at the fee of $2.00 per signature. In order to serve as a witness, the witness must be presented with the valid identification of the requestor. Witnesses may not be solicited from patrons using the Library.
Adopted by Sayreville Library Board of Trustees 2020