During tax season, the library has Federal tax forms and instructions available in the Reference Room. State income tax forms are no longer provided but are available online to download. The library has compiled the most requested Federal and State forms in binders at the Reference Desk. Patrons are welcome to make copies of the forms they need from these binders. Access to both Federal and State forms is also available online.
2021 update: The AARP Foundation Tax-Aide Program will not be offered this tax season at any sites in Middlesex County. However, AARP Foundation Tax-Aide is offering an alternative this year called the AARP Alternative Tax Preparation program (ATP). The ATP program provides direct taxpayer access to free online tax software for this year’s taxes as well as video and/or phone assistance with a certified AARP tax counselor. Starting Jan. 22, taxpayers can get more information about the Alternative Tax Preparation program at aarpfoundation.org/taxaide.
Federal Tax Forms
- IRS Tax Forms and Publications: www.irs.gov/formspubs/index.html
- To order Federal tax forms by telephone, call 1-800-TAX-FORM (1-800-829-3676).
- To obtain Federal tax forms in person, visit a local tax office. See a list of locations here.
State Tax Forms
- State of New Jersey: http://www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/taxprnt.shtml
- To order State of New Jersey tax forms, call the Division’s Customer Service Center (609-292-6400) to request income tax forms and instructions.
- To obtain State of New Jersey tax forms in person, Visit a Division of Taxation Regional Office to obtain forms. See a list of locations here.
- State of New York: http://www.tax.state.ny.us/forms/income_cur_forms.htm
- Forms for All 50 States: http://www.taxadmin.org/fta/link/forms.html
Please remember that library staff cannot help you fill out tax forms, tell you which forms to use, or answer specific tax questions. Any concerns or questions about your specific tax situation should be discussed with a tax professional.