During tax season, the library has Federal tax forms and instructions available in the lobby. State income tax forms are no longer provided but are available online to download. The library has compiled the most requested Federal and State forms in binders at the Reference Desk. Patrons are welcome to make copies of the forms they need from these binders. Access to both Federal and State forms is also available online.
For information on drop-off or virtual tax assistance, please visit https://www.nj211.org/nj-free-tax-assistance-locations
Federal Tax Forms
- IRS Tax Forms and Publications: www.irs.gov/formspubs/index.html
- To order Federal tax forms by telephone, call 1-800-TAX-FORM (1-800-829-3676).
- To obtain Federal tax forms in person, visit a local tax office. See a list of locations here.
State Tax Forms
- State of New Jersey: http://www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/taxprnt.shtml
- To order State of New Jersey tax forms, call the Division’s Customer Service Center (609-292-6400) to request income tax forms and instructions.
- To obtain State of New Jersey tax forms in person, visit a Division of Taxation Regional Office. See a list of locations here.
- State of New York: http://www.tax.state.ny.us/forms/income_cur_forms.htm
- Forms for all 50 States: http://www.taxadmin.org/fta/link/forms.html
Please remember that library staff cannot help you fill out tax forms, tell you which forms to use, or answer specific tax questions. Any concerns or questions about your specific tax situation should be discussed with a tax professional.